Be Safe, Be Seen
The hedgehogs’ rules still apply!
Avoid wearing wear dark clothing. Fluorescent clothing is great during the day, while reflective clothing should be worn at night!
Lights on Bikes!
The Think! campaign, run by the Department for Transport urges cyclists to:
- Ride decisively and keep clear of the kerb.
- Look and signal to show drivers what you plan to do, make eye contact where possible.
- Avoid riding up the inside of large vehicles, as you might not be seen. If a large vehicle is indicating to the left hang back at the junction to reduce the risk of a collision.
- Always use lights after dark or when visibility is poor. Wear reflective clothing and accessories in the night as well as the day.
- Wear a correctly fitted cycle helmet that is securely fastened and conforms to current regulations.
Make sure you are keeping up to date with cycle lighting regulations visit the Cycling UK website.